You are planning the biggest day of your life. Everyone who is important to you will be there to see you. This is not the time to scrimp and save; we must put on a great event. Is that how you feel about your wedding? Is the other half of you worrying about how you will pay for it all?
Here’s a few thoughts to keep in the back of your mind as you make your plans:
- Everyone is there to celebrate with you, not to judge you.
- The more personal things are, the more everyone appreciates them. That means things you have made or sourced yourself are often the most favourite items of all.
- Spend your budget on the things that are important to you.
- Have a single indulgence, so that you feel you have splashed out, even if the rest of your budget is tight.
- Remember that you are there to celebrate getting married to each other – never lose this as your focus.
All of these points are key, whatever your level of budget.
Having previously been a Wedding Planner; when I am helping people to choose their wedding cars I am always conscious of ensuring that we look at the best option for them. Here are some of the things that I offer:
- Because my cars are Classic rather than Vintage, I offer beautiful older style cars at a very affordable price. The fact that people are happy when people hear the prices of my wedding cars makes me happy too!
- By offering an all inclusive price I know couples can budget properly, without wondering if they will be paying extra if they need a bit more time for photographs, or if the mileage is a little further.
- When it is only a mile or two to the Church or reception I always happily offer to do two trips. (Any further and I have to decline, to ensure we don’t make the bride late for her wedding!).
- Cars that seat up to 7 people. This means there is usually room for Mother of the Bride with the Bridesmaids, so no extra car necessary.
- For couples having a Civil Ceremony I offer to stay and take them for a short ride after their wedding ceremony, with a bottle of bubbly. That way they can feel like they have had good value for money from their car. After all, we are offering an additional experience to your day, not a taxi ride from home!
I hope these thoughts help. And if we can offer you any individual assistance with your wedding cars, just give us a call…